The IPSG invites members and non-members to submit panel and paper proposals for the 2021 PSA Annual Conference. We decided to keep the same theme we had chosen for last year’s PSA conference: “Italy in an Age of Political Turmoil”. Of course, the COVID-19 pandemic has had important consequences introducing new challenges within an already troubled political scenario. The IPSG particularly welcomes contributions focusing on the following topics:
1) The impact of the pandemic on political leadership, party organisations and elections: challenges, opportunities and changes
2) Social media role, public and political communication during the health emergency
3) National and sub-national policy responses to the pandemic: saving lives and protecting the economy
4) The European dimension and the Eurosceptic challenge: building solidarity in challenging times,
5) Climate of opinion, vertical and horizontal trust, polarization, satisfaction with democracy
The focus is on Italy but comparative papers are welcome. Early career researchers and doctoral students are particularly encouraged to contribute.
We also welcome full panel submissions including between three and five papers. All-male panels will not be considered.
Please send all paper and panel proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by Sunday 4th October 2020 so we can put the IPSG submission together before the final deadline on 12th October 2020. All proposals should include name, affiliation and email of the presenter(s) and an abstract of max. 200 words. Please also include a brief panel description for panel proposals.
Our Annual General Meeting will also be taking place at the conference. Further details will become available closer to the time.
Please do not hesitate contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your proposals!
Antonella and Davide
Co-convenors of the Italian Politics Specialist Group